Sunday, April 3, 2011

How to do a Smokey Eye...SUPER easy (video attached)


Hi all!! Sooooo sorry this took so long to get up on the blog! :)  Back now from a girl's weekend out of town!!  :)  Yay for girl's weekend, but now it's time to catch up!

By far, the MOST requested look I get asked for is a smoky eye!  The attached video is a tutorial for my favorite quick smoky eye!  This palette is perfect if for doing this look with matte finishes and colors that look good on nearly everyone!!  If you're new to doing a smoky eye...look for colors that are somewhere between browns and greys/blacks.  Using colors that are in between like that (between a warm an a cool tone) will make them more versatile and make it easier for you to achieve the smoky look without it appearing harsh or severe!! 

I'll put swatches of the colors in this palette up soon...I know it's still available to purchase in stores and online. 
NYX  One Night in Morocco Matte Smoky Look  (I talked about this palette in my February Favorites video...:))
Click here to find this palette...
(BUT...I found mine on EBAY!! Woot woot!)

Other products used in this tutorial -
  • Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in Extreme Black
  • Estee Lauder Softsmudge Black Eyeliner
  • Elf Liquid Liner in black
Enjoy!!  Let me know what other looks you'd like to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment